Here are the most streamed albums in Nigeria released in 2020.
The Nigerian music industry is getting more interesting as consumer behaviour keep moving away from downloading mp3s to actually streaming and/or buying songs on free and paid streaming platforms. The introduction of Spotify in Nigeria this year has equally played a huge role towards the growth the music industry of Africa’s most populous nation, Nigeria.
In 2020, amidst the global pandemic, many Nigerian artists released albums, extended plays and mixtapes to entertain their fans who was forcefully told to stay indoors by the pandemic.
This further increased the music consumption rate and gave room to more streams from music consumers including live events and converts.
Below are the top 10 most streamed albums or extended plays in Nigeria that was released in 2020.
10. Fireboy DML – Apollo (17.6 million)
9. Tems – For Broken Ears (24.02 million)
8. Adekunle Gold – Afro Pop Vol.1 (24.06 million)
7. Omah Lay – What Have We Done (29.1 million)
6. Tiwa Savage – Celia (30.3 million)
5. Omah Lay – Get Layd (30.9 million)
4. Olamide – Carpe Diem (37.3 million)
3. Davido – A Better Time (40.6 million)
2. Burna Boy – Twice As Tall (122 million)
1. Wizkid – Made in Lagos (175 million)CLICK HERE TO COMMENT