The dream of a healthy, voluminous and long hair can become a reality. But this doesn’t seem possible for some ladies, especially the one plagued with the problem of hair loss and brittle hair.
A thing as simple as an egg could be the solution to your problems. Eggs work to prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.
Eggs are good for your hair
Eggs are rich sources of vitamins, proteins, minerals and vitamin B complex. These constituents work together to prevent hair loss, stimulate hair growth, improve hair texture and add volume and thickness to your hair.
Benefits Of Eggs For Hair
Though using raw eggs on your hair can be disgusting, but it has its rewards. The following are benefits of eggs:
1. Boosts Hair Growth
Due to their high protein content, eggs serve as food for the hair which works to boost hair growth.
2. Prevent Hair Loss
The nutritional constituent of eggs works to prevent hair loss, by nourishing the scalp.
3. Boost Hair Elasticity
Biotin, a constituent of biotin which hydrates the hair and boosts elasticity.
4. Stops Breakage
Eggs are perfect in preventing or stopping hair breakage.
5. Adds Shine
Egg white works to give the hair a healthy shine.
6. Repair Damage
The protein constituents of eggs work to repair the damage in the hair structure.
What Part of The Egg Is Good For The Hair
White: egg white contains more protein. It also contains sodium, magnesium, niacin and riboflavin. This part of the egg is perfect for people with oily hair.
Yolk: this part is a rich supply of B-complex vitamins and folic acid. This is perfect for people with dry hair.
Whole: Whole egg gives you access to the complete benefits of both the white part and yolk part. This is perfect for women with normal hair.
Using Eggs For Hair Growth
1. Egg Mask For Normal Hair Growth
This works to maintain the oil balance of your scalp. This nourishes hair shafts and roots improve hair texture and boost hair growth.
- 1 egg (you can use 2 for a long hair)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (this is optional)
- Mix a full egg and a tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, make sure your hair is completely covered.
- Allow it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water. Avoid using hot or warm so as not to cook the egg.
- Apply the hair condition and allow to dry
This should be done once or twice weekly.
2. Egg Yolk Hair Mask For Dry Hair
This mixture of egg yolk and olive oil is the most effective and one of the simplest hair treatment. It works to make your hair soft, smooth and provides nourishment for your scalp.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon full of olive oil
- Mix 2 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair.
- Allow it for 20 minutes
- Wash your hair with cool or lukewarm water.
- Condition and allow it to dry.
It should be done twice weekly.
For questions and contributions, feel free to drop your comments below.CLICK HERE TO COMMENT