Tackling the problem of stretch marks which occurs as an aftermath of either weight gain or weight loss. Stretch marks, as we’re probably aware, are cracks or lines with a lighter colour or protruding sometimes.
Stretch marks occur as a result of the tear of the dermis. This tear is usually caused by the following:
- Hormonal replacement therapy
Stretch marks can be very stubborn and usually take a while to completely disappear.
What Causes Stretch Marks For Men and Women?
Stretch marks are most prevalent amongst women. Stretch marks usually form on the dermis when there’s an overstretch of the connective tissue beyond the elastic limit. One way this happens is the fast expansion or contraction of the skin as a result of weight gain or loss.
The following are a few things that cause stretch marks:
- Quick weight gain
- Rapid growth due to puberty
- Medical conditions like Marfan syndrome and Cushing’s syndrome. The decrease of the elasticity of the skin tissue is as a result of Marfan syndrome. Production of certain hormones which causes skin fragility and rapid weight gain is a manifestation of Cushing’s syndrome.
What Are the Usual Places of Stretch Marks?
- On Thighs
- On Hips and Breasts
- On Under Arms
There is currently no clinically tested strategy to treat stretch marks. However, there are quite a several remedies that have proven effective.
Outlined below is a list of home remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
1. Honey & Yoghurt:
Honey serves a natural moisturiser, which yoghurt contains a good amount of lactic acid which serves as a natural bleach.
- Place a few scoops of yoghurt in a bowl.
- Mix with honey and apply the mixture directly on the stretch marks.
- Wash off after 30 mins.
2. Grapefruit & Coconut:
Coconut oil works to moisturise the skin while grapefruit serves as a natural bleach.
- Mix coconut oil and grapefruit juice, massage the mixture into the stretch marks areas, twice daily.
- The ratio of coconut oil to juice should be maintained at 3:1
3. Potato Juice:
This contains minerals and vitamins which works to rejuvenate skin cells.
- Extract the juice and massage into the affected area.
This method is amongst the most effective solutions for stretch marks.
4. Aloe Vera:
This contains important nutrients which work in the cure of minor injuries. They also work to get rid of stretch marks.
- After a while, wash with lukewarm water.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after some time.
5. Shea & Cocoa Butter:
These work to reduce stretch marks, blemishes and wrinkles on the skin.
- Mix the butter and add Vitamin E oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area.
Other remedies to get rid of stretch marks are listed below.
- Castor Oil
- Egg Whites
- Lemon Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Tea
- Tea Tree Oil
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Glycolic Acid
- Taking A Hot Bath
- Vitamin K
- Working- Out Sessions
For questions or contributions, feel free to drop a comment in the comment section.CLICK HERE TO COMMENT